Apple’s newest plan to reinvigorate their customer community is a program called “Today at Apple” In an expansion of the already-active events that take place on a smaller scale, Teaching sessions, interactive experiences, and demonstrations are set to be held at every single Apple Store in the world, starting in May of 2017.
Apple announced plans for Today at Apple in collaboration with “world-class artists, photographers, and musicians.” In “select cities” there’ll be “world-class” teachers, while every single one of Apple’s 495 official Apple Stores will have (at least) a set of “highly-trained team members” leading sessions.
Apple suggested today that sessions in Today at Apple would be taught by a wide variety of experts. “Many sessions will be taught by new Creative Pros, the liberal arts equivalent of Apple’s technical Geniuses,” said an Apple representative. “Each Creative Pro is an expert in one or more areas of the arts, highly trained to pass along their knowledge to Apple users of all levels.”
Apple users will be able to attend each of the following sorts of sessions in addition to unique offerings through Today at Apple:
• Perspectives and Performances: influential artists and musicians
• Pro Series: Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X
• Photo Labs: New techniques, hands-on sessions
• Music Labs: New tools, genres, and beats
• Photo Walks: Similar to/part of Photo Labs, framing architecture, capturing action on video, other subject matter
• Sketch Walks: iPad Pro, observational drawings, techniques
• Coding sessions: Swift Playgrounds, coding concepts
• Kids Hour: coding with Sphero, Music with Garage Band, Making Movies Together with iMovie.