Sony Xperia XZs and Sony Xperia XZ Premium. The lesser of these two devices rolls with a 1080p 5.2-inch display while the more extravagant ramps up right past 2K with a 5.5-inch 4K HDR panel. Both devices have TRILUMINOS Display for mobile technology as well as X-Reality for mobile picture engine technology and Dynamic Contrast Enhancement.
The Xperia XZs and Xperia XZ Premium are slightly different from the XZ, a device largely promoted nearer the end of last year .
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Specifications:
• Display: 5.5-inch 4K HDR
• Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
• RAM: 4GB
• Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB internal, micro-SD potential 256GB extra
• Operating System: Android 7.x Nougat
• Camera (back): 19MP 1/2.3” Exmor RS for mobile image sensor, 960fps slo-mo video, anti-distortion shutter, “triple image sensing technology”, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus, SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (with 5-axis stabilization), 4K video recording
• Camera (front): 13MP 1/3.06” Exmor RS for mobile image sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, ISO6400, F2.0
• Sound Capabilities: High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD) DSEE HX. LDAC. Digital Noise Cancelling. Clear Audio+. S-Force Front Surround. Stereo Recording.
• Battery: 2900mAh, Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0
• Availability: April 5th, 2017
The Xperia XZ Premium can shoot at 960 frames per second. In practice, that means you can make videos that are so very, very slow! Achingly, uncomfortably slow, and only for five seconds of playback. Whether your life would benefit from videos four times slower than most top-tier smartphones can manage seems beside the point.